Monday, April 2, 2012

The Secret You May Have Missed Principal #7

Ladies, this is the last message from John 4. I wanted to draw out something that you may have missed. Sometimes we overlook the plainest message in front of us. The secret to a living walk with the Lord, is sharing.

This loose woman from this drunken town made a difference in her life, as well as in the life of the place she lived, Sychar, drunken town that it was.

Look at verse 26 through 30. Jesus said to her.  I, Who speak with you, am He....Then the woman left her water jar and went away to the town. And she began telling people, Come! See a man who told me everything that I ever did! Can this be the Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One?  So the people left the town and set out to go to Him.

Did you see it? She left her water jar and went!

That which had driven her into the heat of the day, that which she once thought would quench her thrist and wash her over and over again, no  longer held her in bondage.

She left her water jar to go and share the Living Water of Salvation.

There is nothing in the life of a believer that should come so easily as saying. Come, to my church, hear of Christ, who has changed my life! I do not understand it all, but one day He spoke to my heart of all I have ever done. He showed me that I am a sinner, and knowing in my heart that He was correct, I said, Yes! I am! He then showed me that as I am guilty of sin, there is a penalty that I owe. A penalty I could not afford to pay. I agreed with him that I was destitute and could not pay. Then I rejoiced when He said, Come to Me! For I have already paid. Come and see this God that has provided a lamb in His Own Son. Won't you Come?

Now, no longer a loose woman, enslaved by alcohol or sex, or whatever else may have held you or me in bondage.

Now and forever, a child of the King.
The Secret You may have missed, Principal #7 Share what God has done for you. Just do it! Just open your mouth and say, Come to my church, and hear of this Christ who has truly changed my life.

See as you walk in, and share the Truth, see the chains of bondage fall away.

No comments:

Post a Comment